This was a pleasant way to start the day.
I opened my blog yesterday and saw that I was nominated for a Sunshine Award by the lovely, thoughtful blogger booksbytrista. According to what I’ve read about said award, it’s given to blogs that the giver considers inspiring. Sweeeeet! Thanks, Trista! I am honored.
Of course, there are rules for accepting this award, though I’ve seen several permutations of them on different Sunshine Award pages. So I’ll go with what I like best.
Yes, you must post the picture of the pretty flower. Mandatory.
I’ve seen “tell us about yourself” and “tell us these specific things about yourself”. I’ve got a little bit of a sinus headache today and am out of creative sorts, so I’ll just let the other Sunshiners determine what self-relevant factoids I should spill:
1. Favorite color: Green, in just about every variety except that dusty pale green. To quote Flora Poste from Cold Comfort Farm, “…dull greens are very trying, I always think.” p.s. If you haven’t read this book/seen this movie yet, do yourselves a favor and make haste to your nearest retailer.
2. Favorite animal: Singularly? Sammy, the kitty who is currently and unquestionably the boss of my house. Collectively, I’m a little bit in love with owls (particularly if they’re ceramic and kitschy) and sloths (non-ceramic).
3. Favorite number: 27. Because of reasons.
4. Favorite Non-Alcoholic drink: Coffee. Or water.
5. Favorite Alcoholic drink: All of them? 🙂 OK, it’s summer, so right now Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy is a the top of my list.
6. Facebook or twitter? Facebook, though I’ve been known to tweet.
7. My Passions: Writing. Cooking. Writing about cooking… 😉 I do a LOOOOOOOOOOT of Zumba, mainly because of all that cooking.
8. Giving or receiving gifts: Yes. What? There are benefits to both. Though some day, I WILL convince my boyfriend to get me that goddamned pony.
9. Favorite city: Oy. Lots! In the US: Boston, with Savannah at a close second. In Italy: Venice, though not for the food. And there’s always gorgeous, amazing Paris.
10. Favorite TV show: You know, I watch too much paranormal stuff.
Now you’re supposed to nominate fellow bloggers (five bloggers? Seven? Ten? It seems to be a toss-up) for the Sunshine Award. I know that a lot of people don’t necessarily want to participate in the award-go-round, and I get it. But I’m happy to take this opportunity to nominate the below bloggers and let them know that I always look forward to their posts and they are, certainly, inspirations to me.
So here, in no particular order, are my nominees.
Johna and Vladimir at Wind Against Current, who make me want to kayak despite my non-outdoorsy nature.
Ici & La Nature Pictures blog, where you can swoon over luscious pictures of France.
Jack Flacco at jackflacco.com, where you can always get into an intelligent discussion about a looming zombie apocalypse.
Ouch My Back Hurts! Whose writing style is fun and funny, and always reminds me that I need to get back to Dublin.
Shelli at howsitgoing-eh.com, because her energy is tremendous and infectious and awesome and leaps off the computer at you! Read her blog! You’ll be better for it.
Want to know what’s happening in Myanmar from the perspective of a US expat? Read Late for Nowhere.
So when I first came across the blog ididitforjohnny, I dared to hope that it was named as an homage to the Julie Brown novelty hit, “The Homecoming Queen’s Got a Gun“. Imagine my delight when I found out that was exactly the thing for which it was named. Yes.
Stephen Kelly Creative, because his photos are gorgeous and his commentary is funny.
Feast your eyes on the gorgeousness that is Savory Simple.
For a wonderful, intelligent discussion about movies, check out curnblog.
There are so many more interesting and inspiring blogs out there; it’s hard to stop! But really, ten’s my limit.
Thanks again, Trista! Here’s to future blogging!